Santa Monica Disabilities Commission
December 12, 2002 * 6:30-9:00 P.M.
Ken Edwards Center * 1527 4th St. * Santa Monica
Notice is hereby given that a Special Meeting of the Santa Monica Disabilities Commission will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 12, 2002, for the purpose of conducting the following business:
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Announcements and Correspondence
5. Commissioner self-introductions
6. Presentation from staff on Commission’s budget
7. Discussion of and possible action on report from By-Laws Ad Hoc Subcommittee (continued from 11/14/02 meeting)
8. Update and discussion of and possible further action on request to City Council to oppose the closing of Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center (originally heard at 11/14/02 meeting)
9. Review of recommendations in the Disability Community Accessibility Committee’s Final Report and City’s responses to them
10. Discussion of and possible action on priorities for the Commission (continued from 11/14/02 meeting)
11. Discussion of and possible action on requesting City Council to support the Ninth Circuit Court decision in Barden v. Sacramento
12. Public Input- The Commission will hear from members of the public on items within the Commission’s scope of interest that are not on the agenda.
The Ken Edwards Center is wheelchair accessible. For disability-related accommodation requests, please contact Janet Hand at (310) 458-8701 or (310)458-8696 TTY or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. Big Blue Bus lines 2,3, 4 and 9 serve the Ken Edwards Center.
Elizabeth Bancroft, Chair