OF THE DISABILITIES COMMISSION AND THE
RECREATION & PARKS COMMISSION
Monday, October 3, 2011, 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the Disabilities Commission and a Special Joint Meeting of the Disabilities Commission and the Parks & Recreation Commission will be held 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm on Monday, October 3, 2011, at Ken Edwards Center, 1527 4th Street, Santa Monica, for the purpose of conducting the following business:
1. Call to Order
Roll Call of the Disabilities Commission
SPECIAL JOINT MEETING OF THE DISABILITIES COMMISSION AND REACREATION & PARKS COMMSSION
2. Roll Call of the Recreation & Parks Commission
3. Review, discussion and formulation of comments on proposed design concepts for the universally accessible playground at Santa Monica State Beach – Judith Meister, Beach Administrator
ADJOURNAMENT OF JOINT MEETING
4. Public Input: The Commission will hear from the public on topics of interest to the Commissions that are not on this agenda. Each speaker is limited to two (2) minutes.
5. Announcements and Correspondence
6. Westside Center for Independent Living
7. Commission Liaison reports
8. Staff Liaison report
9. Old Business:
A. Discussion and possible action on report from the Disabilities Awareness Month ad hoc committee – Commissioner Knauf
B. Discussion and possible action related to holding a Joint Meeting with the Recreation and Parks Commission on November 7, 2011 – Chair Arroyo
10. Future agenda items
Christofer Arroyo, Chair Phil Brock, Chair
Please note that this agenda is subject to change up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled meeting. We encourage you to check the agenda 24 hours prior to the meeting. All documents produced by the City which are related to an item on an open session agenda and which are distributed to a majority of the Disabilities Commission within 24 hours of a regular meeting are available to the public at the time the document is distributed to a majority of the body, at the Human Services Division, City Hall 1685 Main St., Room 212.
Any member of the public unable to attend a meeting but wishing to comment on an item or items listed on the agenda may submit written comments prior to the meeting by mailing them to Disabilities Commission, Human Services Division, City of Santa Monica, 1685 Main St., Rm. 212, Santa Monica CA, 90401. Comments may also be emailed to DC@SMGOV.NET.